LIVE NEWS
▲ New updates available — tap to view
Loading latest news...

Head News

U.S. Pauses Iran Strikes Amid Fears of Interceptor Missile Shortage

IMG 20260726 WA0001

Darwin, 26 July : After carrying out attacks on Iran for nearly two consecutive weeks, the United States has halted new strikes over the past two days. Although the Trump administration had been planning to intensify its military campaign against Iran, the plan was suspended at the last moment.

The primary reason for this decision was concern that the stockpile of interceptor missiles needed to defend against Iranian retaliatory attacks was running dangerously low.

According to a report by The New York Times, this was the key factor behind the decision. The report also stated that there were doubts within the U.S. administration about whether escalating the attacks would actually force Iran back to the negotiating table.

During discussions between President Donald Trump and his top advisers on whether to expand military operations against Iran, the issue of the dwindling interceptor missile inventory became the most significant concern. As a result, the United States decided, for the time being, not to intensify its attacks, The New York Times reported.

The newspaper stated that President Trump had indicated on Friday that he was considering expanding the air campaign against Iran. However, after consultations with his senior advisers, he decided to put those plans on hold. The information was provided by two individuals familiar with the discussions.

The report further said that General Dan Caine, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, privately warned that while the U.S. military was capable of conducting a large-scale operation against Iran, the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) could quickly deplete its stockpile of interceptor missiles.

Another senior U.S. official told The New York Times that there were also concerns within the administration that intensifying the strikes would not compel Iran to return to negotiations. Instead, the recent attacks had strengthened Iranian unity and encouraged the country to focus more on confronting what it viewed as a foreign threat.

According to the report, Friday marked the first quiet day in nearly two weeks, and the United States also refrained from launching attacks on Saturday. Before that, U.S. forces had conducted nightly airstrikes for almost two weeks, targeting various military and civilian sites across Iran.

In response, Tehran launched extensive attacks on U.S. military installations across the Middle East.

Related News

image 321013 1787404373

North Korea Condemns Japan’s Plan to Increase Defense Spending to Record Levels

Darwin, August 23: North Korea has strongly criticized Japan’s plan to increase its defense budget to a record level, warning that higher military spending could…

image 320919 1787376720

Trump Calls Strait of Hormuz ‘American Territory’ Amid Rising Tensions With Iran

Darwin, August 23 : US President Donald Trump has described the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz as “American territory,” while saying that Iran is interested…

turkey 20260821081946

Turkey Rejects Netanyahu’s ‘Trap’ After Israeli Strike on Syrian Airbase

Darwin, August 22: Israel carried out a strike last week on the Abu al-Duhur airbase in Syria’s Idlib province, claiming that Turkey was seeking to…

image 320353 1787208751

Massive Russian Missile Attack on Kyiv Leaves 12 Dead, 33 Injured

Darwin, August 20 : At least 12 people have been killed and 33 others injured in a massive overnight Russian missile and drone attack on…

IMG 20260819 WA0005

Nine Bangladeshis Killed in Kolkata Hotel Fire

Darwin, August 19:  Nine Bangladeshi nationals, including two women and a child, were killed in a fire that broke out at a three-storey hotel near…

IMG 20260818 WA0014

Hayden Panettiere, ‘Heroes’ and ‘Remember the Titans’ Star, Dies at 36

Entertainment Desk: Hayden Panettiere, the actress best known for her roles in Heroes, Remember the Titans and Nashville, has died at the age of 36,…

ukraine crisis russia wildberries moscow scaled

Ukraine Attacks Russia With More Than 800 Drones

Darwin, August 17 : Ukraine launched a major overnight drone attack on Russia, involving more than 800 drones, in one of the largest aerial assaults…

image 319125 1786857762

Egypt Could Join Türkiye-Saudi-Pakistan Mutual Defense Pact

Darwin, August 17: Egypt could join the mutual defense pact recently signed by Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said. In…

f

Search