Thailand to Revise Tourist Visa Policy
Darwin, 20 May: Thailand’s cabinet has decided to significantly reduce the duration of visa-free stays for tourists from more than 90 countries around the world….
Darwin, 19 May: In Sydney’s Campbelltown area of Australia, a man has surrendered after allegedly killing his wife and two children and then calling the police himself.
Three charges of domestic violence have been filed against him in connection with the incident. The couple migrated from Bangladesh to Australia about a decade ago.
According to police, a triple-zero emergency call was received from a house at around 7:50 pm on Monday (local time). Police quickly arrived at the scene and recovered the bodies of a 46-year-old woman and her two sons, aged 12 and 4, from inside the house. The caller in the incident was arrested by police.
A report by News Australia on Tuesday, citing New South Wales Police, said the accused has been identified as Mohammad Suman Ahmed. He allegedly killed his wife and two young children by stabbing them at their home on Monday night. He later called the police himself and surrendered.
The case is being regarded as one of the most horrific incidents of domestic violence faced by the state’s most experienced investigators.
The Guardian reported that police believe the accused had been planning the killings for several months. He is also alleged to have been influenced after reading about a similar murder case in Perth.
Court documents suggest the killings took place between 9:00 am and 7:55 pm on Monday.
Police said the three victims were found in different parts of the house, and described the scene as “extremely violent” and “horrific.” No firearm was recovered from the scene.
It is known that one of the children had severe autism and both had learning difficulties. The accused was their full-time caregiver.
A report by the Sydney Herald stated that the children had physical and developmental disabilities, and their father stayed at home to care for them, while the mother worked. The family had migrated from Bangladesh about ten years ago.
New South Wales Police Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney described the scene as an “extremely traumatic crime scene.” He said that “the incident was particularly violent and some evidence has been collected to assist the investigation,” but did not provide further details.

He also confirmed that the accused had no prior criminal complaints or recorded history of domestic violence.
The accused did not appear in Campbelltown Local Court. He did not apply for bail, and the court refused bail.
Court documents indicate that the father told police he had been suffering from depression since being diagnosed with cancer in 2024. He has reportedly been cancer-free since January 2025.
His lawyer, Jawad Hossain, said his client is currently in a “deeply mentally distressed” state. The next court hearing is scheduled for July 15, where he will appear via video link.
Neighbours described the incident as “unbelievable,” “devastating,” and “traumatic.” Some left flowers in memory of the children.
A neighbour told News.au that the family mostly kept to themselves and had very little social interaction.

Neighbour express mourn.
Another neighbour said she met the mother and children about two years ago, and that was her only interaction with them.
Another resident, wiping away tears, said the incident felt very close to her own life.
“It is very horrific. I feel very sorry for these children. Their friends will have to go to school and find out that their little friend will not come to school today.”
Around 12:30 pm on Tuesday, two women believed to be relatives arrived at the street.
They spoke briefly with detectives and then began crying loudly. Police later escorted them away from media view after trying to comfort them.
New South Wales Premier Chris Minns expressed deep sorrow over the incident, saying that although progress has been made in preventing domestic violence in the state, such tragedies are extremely distressing and have shaken the entire community.

On Tuesday morning, the usually quiet suburban street was cordoned off as forensic investigators examined the scene. Police recovered several items from the house that may help determine the circumstances of the deaths.
Authorities confirmed they are not looking for anyone else and believe there is “no outstanding offender.”
New data released this week shows that New South Wales Police respond to a domestic violence incident every three minutes, accounting for about 60% of all police callouts.